Christenson Communities is Accredited as of December 1, 2014.
To receive accredited status, our organization must meet required organizational practices and must successfully meet an extensive set of quality standards.
These evidence-based standards which serve to mitigate risk and contribute to improving the quality and safety of health services include: Safety Culture, Leadership, Ethics, Communication, Medication Management, Worklife/Workforce, Infection Control, and Risk Assessment.
A survey team of professionals visited our communities and interviewed our team, as part of the accreditation program.
Organizations that choose to participate in this pursuit of excellence must complete a detailed self-assessment, provide evidence of compliance with the national standards, and commit to integrated quality management, continuous improvement and intensive peer review.
Christenson Communities is proud of this outstanding achievement and is committed to providing the highest quality of care and service; through innovation, teamwork, customer satisfaction, best practices and working collaboratively with our team of healthcare professionals.
Feedback provided by the Accreditation Canada Survey Team about our organization include:
- “The organization demonstrates a high level of commitment to quality care.”
- “Each site provides a beautiful homelike environment with amenities constructed to support seniors to age in place.”
- “All sites visited were leading edge design for supportive living.”
- “This organization has been very successful in the recruitment and retention of staff who are passionate about the service they provide.”
- “Leaders and staff are commended for their commitment to an environment of learning and quality improvement.”
- “There is high degree of client satisfaction.”
- “The organization has celebrated a number of accomplishments in the past 5 years including consistently exceeding the industry average in CCHSS audits, enhancement of their education program, quality program, and have focused on becoming dementia care experts.”
About Accreditation Canada
Accreditation Canada is a not-for-profit, independent organization accredited by the International Society for Quality in Health Care (ISQua). They provide national and international health care organizations with an external peer review process to assess and improve the services provided to their clients based on standards of excellence.
Accreditation Canada's programs and guidance have helped organizations promote quality health care for over 50 years.